A MAN aged 24 collapsed and died at his girlfriend’s Sheffield flat over the weekend.
One neighbour said he heard that the man who died may have suffered a seizure after using an exercise bike.
Police and an ambulance were called to the address on Owler Lane, Fir Vale, yesterday lunchtime but the man, who has not been named, could not be revived.
The property is above the Prime Pizza shop, whose owner is also the landlord of the flat.
The takeaway boss, who did not give his name, said the man who died was 24 years old and was staying with his girlfriend, who was the tenant of the first floor flat. The dead man had recently suffered serious illness, he added.
A young mum living in the flat next-door said: “We’re shocked by what has happened. He was a good man.”
Police spoke to neighbours while conducting an investigation on behalf of the coroner. There are not believed to be suspicious circumstances.
The man’s family were too upset to comment about what happened.