Man burns his hands in blaze

0
Have your say

A MAN was taken to the Northern General Hospital with burns to his hands after a fire broke out in his bedroom.

Firefighters said an electrical appliance caught fire and the man tried to deal with the flames himself, on Ecclesall Road, Banner Cross, at 7.50am on Sunday.

In Rotherham a disused building went up in flames in Kimberworth Park, after a fire was started on the ground floor by arsonists. When crews arrived at the former International Centre at 11.15am on Saturday flames had spread to the first floor.

Another fire was started deliberately in an office at Action for Employment, after the building on Regent Street, Barnsley, was broken into at 5.30pm on Saturday. Firefighters from Barnsley Station also extinguished a grass fire on Pogwell Lane, Higham.