Man breathed in smoke from fire

0
Have your say

A MAN in his 40s was rescued from his blazing home after he fell asleep while cooking.

A fire service spokeswoman said: “He had been cooking but he had fallen asleep. Luckily his neighbour heard the smoke alarm going off.”

The man was treated for the effects of inhaling smoke at the blaze in Carr Close, Brinsworth, Rotherham, at 9.20pm on Friday.

Meanwhile a kitchen fire broke out at a semi detached house in Athersley Road, Athersley, Barnsley at 10am on Sunday. A fire service spokeswoman said the blaze started after a photocopier was left on a hob. She said: “No-one was in. The fire started accidentally and crews from Barnsley and Cudworth stations dealt with the blaze.”

In Dinnington, a flat caught alight in Laughton Road at 1am on Saturday. Crews from Aston and Maltby attended.