Man and dogs escape blaze

0
Have your say

A SOUTH Yorkshire man and his dogs had a lucky escape when fire swept through their home.

Fire crews from Aston and Maltby attended the fire at a house Rotherham Road in Dinnington to find he and his two dogs had got out safely.

Aston Park fire station crew manager Sarah McCarthy said the man was fortunate to escape unscathed.

“He had no smoke alarms fitted, so he was lucky he woke up when he did,” she said. “We have since been and fitted alarms at the property free of charge.”

Sarah McCarthy explained the fire had started in an electrical arc containing copper piping.

It had started to melt through the toilet soil pipe causing a water leak.

Anyone wanting a smoke alarm fitted should contact their local fire station.