DCSIMG

Wok used to cook chips goes up in flames in city

Firefighters were called to a fire in a chip shop in Barnsley yesterday.

The incident involving a fryer in The Chippy on Frederick Street, Goldthorpe, was reported at 10.30am.

Crews used dry powder extinguishers to extinguish the flames.

Firefighters were also called out to two kitchen fires on Monday night.

The first was on Barncliffe Drove, Lodge Moor, Sheffield, at 7pm and involved a wok which had gone up in flames after it was used to shallow fry some chips.

The second fire was on James Street, Barnsley, at 7.20pm and involved a halogen cooker which had been placed in a cupboard shortly after it was used.

The heat from the device set fire to the cupboard.

Firefighters said nobody was injured.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page