DCSIMG

Sheffield pensioner taken to hospital after blaze

editorial image

editorial image

Pensioners were forced to leave their homes in the middle of the night after a blaze at a sheltered housing scheme in Sheffield.

Fire crews were called after an electrical box in the flat of a man aged in his 80s overheated and started smoking.
Crews from Rivelin and Central fire stations dealt with the incident at Sandygate Grove, Crosspool, Sheffield.

They were alerted at 2.20am this morning.

A fire service spokeswoman said: “We were called out to deal with an incident at flats at Sandygate Grove. Smoke was coming from an electrical box inside a cupboard.

“A man in his 80s was taken to hospital for a precautionary check up.

“Residents from the surrounding flats left their homes for a short time.

Fire crews were on scene for about an hour.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page