A man from Sheffield who suffered serious burns after being set alight on a lads’ weekend away in Norfolk is back in his home city recovering in hospital.
The 34-year-old caught fire at the bar of a packed nightspot in Great Yarmouth.
Witnesses said they believed he and some pals were messing about with aftershave when the substance ignited, injuring the man’s body and hands.
The victim was initially taken to hospital in Great Yarmouth, before being transferred to Chelmsford, Essex, for further treatment.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said he has now been transferred back to Sheffield, where the Northern General Hospital in Fir Vale has a specialist burns unit.
She described his condition as ‘stable and improving’.
Four men aged 24, 26, 28 and 33 - also from Sheffield and known to the victim - were arrested and released on bail following the incident which happened in the early hours of Sunday, April 6.