DCSIMG

Rotherham man injured in blaze at his home

A man suffered burns to his feet when a chip pan fire broke out in his home - engulfing his kitchen in flames.

The man, aged in his 50s, discovered the blaze in his house on St Andrews Close, Bramley, Rotherham, at around 10.30pm on Sunday.

When firefighters arrived at the scene the man had managed to escape from his burning home.

He was taken to hospital by ambulance.

The kitchen was well alight and the rest of the house was smoke-logged.

Two crews from Rotherham and one from Maltby extinguished the flames.

Firefighters dealt with a garage fire on Church Lane, Aston, earlier in the day.

A faulty electrical switchboard was to blame.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page