DCSIMG

Parents are quizzed over missing baby

Doncaster Royal Infirmary

Doncaster Royal Infirmary

A BABY’S parents were last night being questioned by detectives on suspicion of child neglect after he was removed from Doncaster Royal Infirmary’s maternity unit.

Police spent all Wednesday night looking for the four-day-old infant and put out a media alert yesterday morning to try to locate him.

A couple of hours later a call from a member of the public led them to a house in Bentley where he was found safe and well.

A police spokesman said last night: “A 38-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman from Doncaster have been arrested on suspicion of child neglect.

“The two people have been arrested following a search for a four-day-old baby boy and his parents who had been reported missing by Doncaster Royal Infirmary yesterday evening. The three were found by officers safe and well at an address in Bentley earlier today.
“Hospital staff and police were said to be concerned for the welfare of the baby and believed he may need medical assessment.

“As a precaution, the baby boy will be taken back to hospital for assessment. Police enquiries are continuing.

“Officers would like to thank members of the public for their assistance.”

The baby boy has been returned to Doncaster Royal Infirmary and is the subject of a police protection order while enquiries continue.

The hospital is also investigating the circumstances surrounding the baby’s disappearance.

A DRI spokesman said: “A baby boy went missing from Doncaster Royal Infirmary at approximately 7.30pm on 23 January. Staff immediately informed the police, and the police issued a missing person’s alert.

“We are delighted that the baby has been found safe and well.

“We are investigating the circumstances relating to this incident.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page