DCSIMG

No-one hurt in Doncaster flat fire

News: Latest from The Star.

News: Latest from The Star.

A cigarette is thought to have started a fire in Doncaster flat early today.

The blaze started just before 1am at premises on Bentley Avenue, Hexthorpe.

The bedroom of the small, mid-terrace flat was filled with smoke but luckily the residents and people in neighbouring flats had already escaped safely.

Three fire crews used specialist equipment to help ventilate the bedroom.

A fire service spokesman said the flat was fitted with smoke alarms which went off when it started.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page