DCSIMG

NEWS IN BRIEF: Oven gloves on lit hob start a blaze

FIRE broke out in a kitchen on Plowright Way, Gleadless Valley, Sheffield, after oven gloves were left on top of a lit hob.

The family was alerted to the fire by their smoke alarm.

Fire crews were called to an electricity box found smouldering in a house on Firth Park Road, Firth Park, Sheffield. The fire at 12.30am on Sunday was accidental.

Smoke at bakery

FIREFIGHTERS in Sheffield were called to Lily’s Bakery on Penistone Road after a light fitting caught fire in the early hours of Saturday. It caused smoke damage but staff still managed to work.

Crews were also called to a row of garages behind houses on Bevan Way, Chapeltown, where a Kia car was burnt out at 8.10pm on Saturday.

Houses burgled

A POLICE probe is under way into burglaries of two homes on the same Sheffield street between 9am and 11am last Wednesday. The homes on Oldfield Road, Stannington, had locks on their back doors forced open.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page