DCSIMG

Fire in West Street flat was caused by chip pan

Chip pan fire on West Street

Chip pan fire on West Street

A fire that closed part of West Street in Sheffield was caused by a chip pan, firefighters have confirmed.

Fire crews were called the university accommodation above the KFC at abut 9pm last night.

Three fire engines including firefighters from Central Fire Station along with police attended the scene.

A woman who lived in the flat is believed to have left a chip pan on after cooking and it burst into flames.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in just a few minutes. No-one was injured.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news