DCSIMG

Doncaster house fire drama

editorial image

editorial image

A family escaped unharmed from a Doncaster house fire last night.

The mother went upstairs to check on her two sleeping children at around 10pm and noticed smoke coming from under the door of another bedroom.

She and her husband evacuated the mid-terrace property in Barnstone Street, Hexthorpe, and everyone was out before crews from Doncaster and Edlington stations arrived. The children, both under 10, were not affected by the smoke.

The firefighters contained the fire to the bedroom, which suffered extensive smoke damage.

It is believed an electrical fault on a television may have started the fire.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page