Lighter fuel explosion blows off door in Sheffield house

Firefighters dealt with an explosion in Sheffield
Firefighters dealt with an explosion in Sheffield
0
Have your say

A can of lighter fluid exploded and blew off a bedroom door in Sheffield.

Firefighters were alerted to the blast on Dunninc Road, Shiregreen, at 7.15pm on Saturday and discovered that an LED table lamp had caught fire and spread to furnishings and cardboard storage boxes.

The flames then ignited a can of lighter fuel.

Smoke alarms alerted the occupants of the house to the fire.

A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "Working smoke alarms help save lives by giving people an early warning of fire. They should be on every floor of the home and tested regularly.