THREE men have been jailed for a total of nearly 30 years after kidnapping a South Yorkshire woman and subjecting her to a ‘terrifying ordeal’.
It is almost 10 months since the 38-year-old woman, from Denaby Main, near Doncaster, was snatched by three men and threatened.
The victim, who is not being identified by police, was held for several hours on the deserted former Earth Centre site in Denaby in a dispute over drugs money, say officers.
Eventually the woman was released and made her way home where she reported the crime and was able to name the three men who had held her against her will.
At the end of a three-week trial, the trio, all aged 29, have received a combined total of 28 years’ imprisonment for kidnap, production of cannabis and possession of criminal proceeds in March this year.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court found Alexander Galley, of Sandbeck Court, Denaby; Tyron Jarvis, of Castle Avenue, Conisbrough; and Alexander McCloskey, from Eastborough, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, guilty of the charges against them.
The offences came to light on the evening of Thursday, March 3, when a woman reported to the police that she had earlier been forced into a van and kidnapped from the Denaby Main area, and then later assaulted by the three men before being released.
Detectives said she was not seriously injured in the assault.
After receiving the report, officers attended the addresses of the men the same evening and arrested them all on suspicion of kidnap.
As part of the investigation, property owned by the men were searched and large quantities of cash, totalling £42,000, were discovered and seized from properties owned by Galley.
Two cannabis factories were discovered and dismantled, with 47 plants with a street value of about £11,000, seized and destroyed from properties owned by Jarvis.
Galley was jailed for 12 years for kidnap and possession of criminal proceeds.
Jarvis was sent to prison for 10 years for offences of kidnap, production of cannabis and possession of criminal proceeds.
McCloskey was jailed for six years for his involvement in the kidnapping.
Speaking after the sentencing, Detective Constable Andy Shields, the officer leading the investigation, said: “The victim in this case was subjected to a terrifying ordeal.
“The sentences imposed reflect the serious nature of the crimes committed and they should serve as a warning and deterrent to those involved in organised and drug-related crime.
“I hope that this reinforces a message from South Yorkshire Police that this type of criminality will not be tolerated.”