There’s still time to prove your local chippy is batter than the rest – by voting in The Star’s Chip Shop of the Year competition.
We are seeking the best, high-frying chip shops from across the region to be in with a chance of scooping the tasty title.
Vote lines close at 10am on Sunday, so if you think your local chippy deserves a portion of fame and glory, get voting now.
To vote, text STA (space) CHIPPY (space) the number of the chip shop (space) Your Name, Your House Number and Postcode to 61500.
Each chippy’s number is listed below.
So, what makes your local chippy a big fish in a small pond?
Perhaps it is the freshly-caught fish, locally-produced potatoes and delicious, secret recipe batter.
Or maybe it’s the friendly and efficient service of its team of staff and the banter you get each time you visit.
Whatever its secret, vote for your favourite and let us know so other South Yorkshire folk can make a trip to sample the best fish and chips in the region for themselves.
Let’s see who is frying high as Chip Shop of the Year 2014 next week...
CHIP SHOP OF THE YEAR SHORTLIST
1. Abbey Friar, Abbeydale Road
2. Andrew’s Golden Cod, Doncaster
3. Brendas, The Moor
4. Broomhead’s, Crookes
5. Darnall Fisheries, Darnall
6. Derbyshire Lane Fish Bar, Derbyshire Lane
7. Fat Fish, Kiveton Park
8. FryMaster, Attercliffe
9. Gary’s Fisheries, Barnsley
10. Handsworth Fish Bar
11. Jack’s Place Bellhouse Road
12. Manor Fisheries, Kimberworth, Rotherham
13. Manor Park Fisheries
14. Marishells , Ecclesfield
15. Meadowhead Fish Bar
16. Mr Friday, Shoreham Street
17. Moor Fisheries, City Centre
18. Ocean Blue, Chapeltown
19. Pete’s Chippy - Grenoside
20. Posidon - Abbey Lane
21. Riverside Fish & Chips, Langsett Road
22. Robs Fish & Chips, Greenhill
23. Seafresh Fish Bar, Brinsworth, Rotherham
24. Seafayre, Charles Street, Sheffield city centre
25. Shaws , Killamarsh
26. Ted’s Chip Shop, Manor Park Centre
27. The Admiral, Crookes
28. The Cottage Fish Bar, Ecclesfield
29. The Supperspot, Malin Bridge
30. The Wadsley Fryer, Wadsley
31. Tony’s, Mosborough
32. Trafalga Fisheries, Trafalga Road, Sheffield
33. West End Fisheries, Woodhouse
34. Woodseats Fisheries, Woodseats
35. Wraggy’s, Meadowhead
All addresses are Sheffield unless otherwise stated.