Kitchen blaze in Barnsley

0
Have your say

A WOMAN and her daughter were taken to hospital after breathing in smoke when their kitchen went up in flames yesterday morning.

They were alerted to the blaze in their kitchen by a smoke detector at 1.50am and raised the alarm.

When firefighters arrived at the semi-detached home on Wakefield Road, Smithies, Barnsley, the teenage girl had managed to get out of the property but her mum was still inside and was led to safety.

Firefighters who examined the kitchen established that a ring had been left on the cooker and clothing placed nearby had caught fire.

Crews from Cudworth and Barnsley extinguished the flames and prevented the blaze spreading through the house.

Paramedics took the mum and daughter to hospital after treating them at the scene.

Back to the top of the page