Huge garage blaze in Sheffield was accidental

An MOT centre in Sheffield went up in flames - pic: South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue
An MOT centre in Sheffield went up in flames - pic: South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue
0
Have your say

A huge garage blaze in Sheffield was accidental, investigators have ruled.

Firefighters were called to an MOT test centre on Herries Road, Fir Vale, on Monday night and found the industrial unit engulfed in flames.

Nearby homes were evacuated as a precaution because of fears that gas cylinders in the garage could have exploded.

Three cars in the garage were destroyed by the blaze and two neighbouring businesses were affected, but firefighters did prevent the flames from ripping through the entire block.

Career criminal started Sheffield charity box theft spree - day after walking free from court

FIRST LOOK: New images show first phase of Sheffield Retail Quarter ahead of planning decision

Old Primark store in Sheffield could be turned into a hotel

Bogus 'gas board' workers targeted Sheffield man, 92

VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows inferno faced by Sheffield firefighters

Car goes up in flames in South Yorkshire pile-up

Get all the latest Owls stats

Get all the latest Blades stats

Download The Star's mobile app now for FREE