House damaged in bedroom fire explosion in Barnsley

editorial image
0
Have your say

A window in a house was blown out when aerosol cans exploded in a fire.

Emergency services were called to Midland Road, Royston, Barnsley, to find that an incense stick had fallen onto a pile of clothes in a bedroom, starting a fire.

Flames spread to a number of aerosol cans, which exploded during the incident at noon on Saturday.

Firefighters remained at the scene for nearly six hours.

Nobody was injured but a window pane was blown out and a bedroom wall was damaged.

On Sunday night a number of wheelie bins were set alight in Herdings Park, Raeburn Road, Herdings, Sheffield.

Another bin was torched on Adrian Crescent, Parson Cross, Sheffield.