Hospital checks for Rotherham area grill fire man

News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.
News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.
0
Have your say

A MAN in his 60s was rescued by firefighters after a blaze broke out in his kitchen.

The fire started when the man left a pan under the grill and fell asleep in his flat on Greenside, Greasbrough.

Rotherham firefighters banged on the door but were unable to wake the man.

The crew broke in before leading the resident out to safety.

They used a hose reel to put out the blaze and then ventilated the smoke-damaged flat.