A horse ended up in a sticky situation and had to be rescued by firefighters after straying into a bog.
Crews were called to fields just after 8am yesterday, and took around an hour to pull the animal free in Honeywell, Barnsley.
The drama came only hours after firefighters tackled a blaze at a block of flats in Sheffield, just after midnight.
Smoking materials are believed to have started the fire in a bedroom at flats on Milton Street, in the city centre, which spread to the kitchen and communal lounge.
Some 50 residents were evacuated from the four-storey building as firefighters took about an hour to extinguish the flames.
Firefighters were also called to Lindsay Avenue, Parson Cross, where a garden bonfire had spread out of control.
Heat from the fire, at 10pm on Wednesday, caused house windows to crack.