Gas safety alert for households

0
Have your say

UNREGISTERED gas engineers are putting lives at risk in Sheffield by undertaking jobs they are unqualified to do, a watchdog has warned.

Gas Safe Register tested 10 jobs carried out in Sheffield last year, one of which was found to be potentially unsafe due to the risk of leaking carbon monoxide, a deadly gas.

Paul Johnston, chief executive of Gas Safe Register, said: “It is vital only a registered engineer fixes, fits and services your gas appliances. Homeowners should also arrange a gas safety check annually by a registered engineer.”

Back to the top of the page