Gas fire sparks evacuation

0
Have your say

RESIDENTS were evacuated and a road was closed by police after a gas main caught fire in Sheffield.

Emergency services were alerted to the blaze on Browning Road, Fox Hill, on Wednesday, at about 4pm, when flames were seen shooting out of a manhole cover in the street.

Firefighters were on stand-by as a precaution while they waited for gas engineers to arrive at the scene.

It took about two hours for the fire and gas leak to be dealt with.

It is not believed that anybody was injured in the incident.