Garages damaged in two weekend fires

Have your say

A faulty tumble dryer is believed to have started a fire in a garage in the village of Hickleton, Doncaster, on Sunday morning.

Two fire crews from Dearne station were called to Doncaster Road at around 11.30am and found flames from the garage had already spread to an adjacent garage in a block of four.

They spent about an hour dealing with the incident, which was put down as having started accidentally.

Another substantial garage fire in Madam Lane, Barnby Dun, was also said to have been started accidentally.

Doncaster fire crews prevented flames spreading from a double brick garage at around 7.30pm on Friday evening.