Football lout handed new match ban

0
Have your say

A WINDOW fabricator has received a football banning order – only months after his previous ban came to an end.

Stephen Hind, aged 27, served a three-year ban imposed in June 2008 for his part in an affray when Chesterfield played at Chester FC in August 2007.

He was back in trouble last month after the Spireites’ 1-0 League One win over Sheffield Wednesday at the B2Net Stadium.

Magistrates heard he made a drunken two-finger gesture and shouted abuse towards police in a van near the ground on Saturday, February 18.

Helen Griffiths, prosecuting, said he was warned about his behaviour but, 45 minutes later, he repeated it.

She said: “He swore and gestured towards the van again. Police football intelligence suggests he is still related to a risk group of supporters.”

Hind, of John Street, Brampton, admitted being drunk and disorderly.

He was fined £190, with £85 costs, and a new three-year football banning order was imposed.