Flat fire cat rescue drama

0
Have your say

BIG hearted Sheffied firefighters entered a burning building to rescue a kitten after the owner told them it was trapped inside.

Fire crews from central station and Mansfield Road were called to a flat complex in Club Garden Road Sharrow at around 6.25am yesterday .

They arrived shortly afterwards to find the flat’s owner outside the building.

The owner, a man aged 19, had already tried to rescue his pet but was forced back outside by the smoke.

Fire crews entered the flat and returned shortly afterwards with the kitten which is safe and well.

They also quickly dealt with the fire which is believed to have been caused by a faulty TV set.

The flat owner suffered from slight smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital as a precaution.

The flat was smoke damaged.

Back to the top of the page