Firefighters in rescue drama after house is smoke-logged

0
Have your say

Firefighters smashed down a door to rescue a woman from her smoke-filled home after she fell asleep while cooking eggs.

Neighbours raised the alarm when they could smell smoke coming from the property on Abney Close, Arbourthorne.

When firefighters entered the property they found that a pan of eggs had boiled dry after being left on the hob on Monday night.

The woman in the property had not woken up.

Firefighters dealt with two other kitchen fires over the weekend.

A cooker caught fire on Platts Drive, Beighton, Sheffield, at noon on Saturday, and the next night a pan went up in flames after it was left on a cooker in a house on John Ward Street, Woodhouse Mill.

Crews were called to Regent Crescent, New Lodge, Barnsley, on Saturday night after fire broke out in an airing cupboard due to an electrical fault.

Meanwhile in Barnsley, timber fencing was set alight outside the disused Drop Inn pub on Providence Street, Darfield, at 1.30am on Monday.

And an area of shrubland was set alight at Station Road in Hollingwood near Chesterfield late last Friday afternoon. Firefighters said the fire had spread over 1,000 square metres of dry grass.