Firefighters in barbecue blaze

0
Have your say

A PREGNANT woman was taken to hospital for a check-up after inhaling smoke when a flammable liquid was put onto a barbecue and the flames started burning out of control.

The woman, in her 20s, was in a garden on Gerald Walk, Barnsley, when the barbecue went up in flames and the fire spread to two sheds and guttering.

Firefighters were called out to deal with the blaze on Tuesday, at 5pm.

The fire service is urging people to only use recognised lighters and starter fuels.