Firefighters called out after Sheffield man falls asleep while cooking pizza

Fire engine.
Fire engine.

Firefighters called out to deal with a cooker fire in Sheffield found a man had fallen asleep while cooking a pizza.

Neighbours alerted the man to the fire and raised the alarm.

Firefighters dealt with the incident in Spa Lane, Woodhouse, at 10.30pm last night.

They also dealt with a van set alight in Balfour Road, Bentley, Doncaster and two wheelie bins found burning in Yews Lane, Kendray, Barnsley, last night.

In the early hours of this morning firefighters were alerted to a dishwasher fire in a flat in Whitham Road, Broomhill.