Fire spreads from garage to the house

0
Have your say

A street was taped off after a house fire in Sheffield.

The blaze started when a tumble drier caught fire in a garage at a house on Cardoness Road, Crosspool.

Flames and smoke spread from the garage – connected to the property – into the home’s kitchen and hallway. Two motorbikes stored in the garage were also badly damaged.

Three fire engines, from Sheffield’s Rivelin and Central stations, went to the scene at just after 6.40pm on Saturday.

A woman living at the house needed oxygen after breathing in smoke. Part of the road was cordoned off while firefighters used water jets to douse the flames. The crews left at 8.50pm.