Fire sparks chimney sweep warning

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters are urging people using open fires or wood burners to get their chimneys swept after attending another blaze in South Yorkshire.

Firefighters from Doncaster attended a chimney fire on The Green, in Finningley at about 3.30pm on Sunday, September 27.

Crews used an aerial appliance to tackle the fire from above.

A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Chimneys can easily catch fire due to a build up of soot and other debris and should be swept at least once a year.”