Fire rips through house on Sheffield estate

editorial image
0
Have your say

A Sheffield man escaped injury after his house caught fire.

Smoke could be seen pouring from the ground floor of a property on Jenkins Avenue in Wincobank.

The home owner was uninjured in the incident.

Neighbour Sue Curr, who witnessed the incident said: “The house of one of my neighbours caught fire and went up in smoke. He is safe and walking but condition unknown. He has been taken to another neighbours house a little way down the road.

The road was cordoned off to traffic while the fire was put out and residents were asked to remain indoors.

A spokesman from South Yorkshire Fire Service said: “Four fire engines attended the scene after a call from the occupier. We assisted with a property fire on the ground floor and no one was hurt in the incident.”