Fire rips through house in Sheffield

editorial image
0
Have your say

A house in Sheffield was badly damaged when a boiler developed a fault and sparked a blaze which spread through the property.

The fire in Bower Lane, Grenoside, was discovered in a bathroom at 8.30pm last night and when firefighters arrived the flames had spread into the loft and roof space.

Two adults and a teenager in the property at the time escaped unharmed.

Firefighters used an aerial ladder platform to douse the flames with water from above.