Fire damages restaurant

0
Have your say

A CHINESE restaurant went up in flames after a blaze broke out in the kitchen.

Simply Chinese on Chesterfield Road, Dronfield, Derbyshire, caught fire at around 5pm on Wednesday and flames quickly ripped through the building.

At the height of the blaze there were three fire engines dealing with the incident, as well as an aerial ladder platform fighting the flames from above.

Police closed off the road and neighbouring premises were evacuated as a precaution.

Firefighters spent around two hours dealing with the blaze, which is being treated as accidental.