Fire crew attend Sheffield property after barbecue blows over and sets garden fence ablaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

Sheffield firefighters were called out to a property after a barbecue was blown over resulting in a garden fence catching ablaze.

One crew from Birley station received the call around 1am to attend a property on Moor Farm Garth, Mosborough at around 1am on Sunday.

A South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue spokesman said the kettle-styled barbecue was 'cooling down' before a strong gust of wind blew it over.

The spokesman added the residents at the property had already started putting out the small fire before the crew arrived to take over.

No one was injured.