Faulty heater blamed for early morning flat fire in Sheffield

The charred remains of the plug on a faulty heater after a flat fire in Sheffield
The charred remains of the plug on a faulty heater after a flat fire in Sheffield
0
Have your say

A faulty heater has been blamed for a blaze in a flat in Sheffield early this morning.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in Holland Place, Sharrow, at 5.10am and found the property well alight.

Three people were taken to hospital for precautionary checks after being treated for smoke inhalation.

A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said: "Following an investigation, it is believed the fire started accidentally with the most likely cause being a faulty electric heater."