A BUSY Sheffield street was sealed off when a fire broke out below a popular restaurant.
Customers at The Noodle Inn were evacuated when someone dialled 999 after seeing smoke coming from the basement of the London Road eaterie just before 3pm yesterday.
Three fire engines from Central and Mansfield Road stations rushed to the scene as the street was sealed off.
A South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue spokesman said the fire started in an electrical power supply box in the cellar of the restaurant, sending smoke into other parts of the building.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the cellar and used a powder extinguisher to kill the flames.
London Road remained closed to traffic while the emergency services completed their operation, causing delays to motorists and bus passengers.
No serious damage was caused to the premises.