Family left homeless after another South Yorkshire house fire

News: The Star - bringing you news on-line 24-hours a day.
News: The Star - bringing you news on-line 24-hours a day.
0
Have your say

FIVE children and their parents have been made homeless just days before Christmas after a kitchen fire wrecked their home.

The Doncastrer family, from Broomhouse Lane, Edlington, was out when the fire started but returned to find their kitchen gutted and the rest of their home damaged by smoke.

Two dogs, four cats and two rabbits perished in the blaze, but firefighters managed to rescue two cats.

The fire started when a ring on the cooker was left on and a pan went up in flames.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at 7.30pm last night.