Family escapes flat fire in Sheffield

0
Have your say

A couple and their three young children were checked over by paramedics after escaping a fire in their home.

The man, woman and children were in their flat at Headford Mews, Broomhall, when they discovered the fire at 7.30am on Monday.

Firefighters said the blaze was down to a fault with an electric shower in their bathroom.

On Saturday night a woman in her 80s was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire.

Firefighters were called to her home on Bartin Close, Ecclesall, Sheffield.