Family and friends say sad farewell to Bethany

Bethany Adcock who has died after inhaling an aerosol
Bethany Adcock who has died after inhaling an aerosol
0
Have your say

THE funeral is to be held next week for the Sheffield teenager who died after inhaling fumes from an aerosol can.

Bethany Adcock, aged 14, of Greenhill, collapsed at home after sniffing the gas and was pronounced dead at Sheffield Children’s Hospital a short time later after medics could not revive her.

The popular Meadowhead School pupil was a talented football player and a member of the Sheffield United Community Ladies Football Club, playing for the under-15s.

The funeral is to be held at St Chad’s Church, Linden Avenue, Woodseats, at 2pm on Monday, November 28.

Heartbroken parents Michelle and Craig describe Bethany as a ‘much loved daughter, loving sister, very dear niece and cousin and special friend to many’.

They have asked mourners, other than relatives, not to send or bring flowers to the funeral service, asking instead for donations to be made in Bethany’s memory to the Meningitis Trust, Sheffield Children’s Hospital or the Dog’s Trust.

Bethany contracted meningitis as a young child.

Her parents described Bethany as their ‘beautiful darling daughter’.

They said: “Our hearts just feel so empty now. The pain has been too much. You will be so dearly missed.”

Another tribute left by her Uncle Glenn and Auntie Rachael described the schoolgirl as ‘beautiful’ and ‘kind’.

And her Auntie Karen and Uncle Pete said: “We will remember you always and forever carry our love for you in our hearts.”

Her devastated friends are using a Facebook site set up in memory of the schoolgirl to express their sadness at her death.

More than 160 people have signed up to the tribute page.

Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the tragedy but are not treating it as suspicious.

An inquest into the death has been opened and adjourned pending further enquiries.