Electricity meter sparks blaze at house in Rotherham

0
Have your say

Fire crews were called to a house fire in Eastwood, Rotherham, after an electricity meter caught alight.

The blaze broke out in Grosvenor Road at 9.30pm on Saturday.

Two fire crews spent around two hours at the scene dealing with the blaze.

A fire service spokesman said the ground floor of the house was left heavily smoke damaged.

Nobody was injured.

In Sheffield, fire crews dealt with a fire at an empty flat in Spring Close View, Gleadless. The fire, at 12.40am on Sunday, was started deliberately.