Doncaster Rovers fan Michael Calow is gearing up for a bumper Christmas after scoring a £10,000 cash jackpot win in a nail-biting contest.
The supporter clinched the huge payout during half-time of last night’s 2-1 win over Yeovil at the Keepmoat Stadium after seeing off the challenge of nine other supporters in a “last man standing” competition.
The 10 finalists for the Rovers Alliance super jackpot draw were selected by a computerised lottery system, which took place at the club’s annual race night.
Each member received an entry into the draw for every week they have been a member during week 1 to week 52 of the respective year.
The draw ranked the participants 1-10 and the finalists took it in turns to select a ball out of a concealed bag with the number pulled out determining the person eliminated from the competition.
By process of elimination, Michael claimed the super jackpot winner after nine of the ten balls were accounted for.
The ten other lucky finalists were Raymond Beech, Greg Blackburn, Peter Storer, Andrew Poole, Phil Arundel, Kenneth Magson, Noel Rutherford, Darren Burke and Philip Isted.
The Rovers Alliance is an exclusive members club for Rovers fans, which raises vital funds for the clubs youth development. For as little as £2.25 per week, the Alliance is packed full of exclusive benefits for members including:
• Entry into the Rovers Alliance £10,000 annual super jackpot draw
• Weekly entry into the Doncaster Rovers Lottery
• 5% discount on your 2013/14 season ticket (Must be a member for 3 months before gaining discount).
• 10% discount on corporate hospitality packages (excludes premium fixtures)
• 2 pairs of free tickets to a Rovers home game
• Priority ticketing
• Opportunity to attend exclusive events
• Regular draws for ‘money can’t buy’ experiences, where you will gain access behind the scenes at the club and win prizes such as training ground experiences, press hospitality packages and VIP stadium tours.
For more information regarding the Rovers Alliance, pick up a brochure from the Ticket Office. Or alternatively, contact Jade on 01302 764659 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org