A SICKENING attack which has left a Doncaster man scarred for life was committed with a machete.
Police yesterday released an image of the scars inflicted by a local man who has been locked up for eight years by a judge.
Nathan Lee Jones, aged 24, from Old Cantley was sentenced when he appeared at Doncaster Crown Court for an attack on a man almost twice his age in October last year.
The 40-year-old, from Wheatley, was drinking with Jones at his house in Beech Tree Close, Old Cantley, in the early hours of Wednesday, October 10, when the incident flared up.
An altercation took place and Jones attacked the man with a machete, striking blows to his forehead and scalp and causing large deep wounds, which have left him with permanent scars.
Jones was later charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, and was sentenced to eight years.
Det Con Dave Whitehouse, who investigated the wounding, said: “This was a particularly nasty attack on a vulnerable man.
“I’m really pleased with the conviction and the fact that a dangerous offender is off the streets.”
The victim, who does not wish to be named, said after the hearing: “I would like to thank South Yorkshire Police and the court staff in Doncaster for supporting me throughout my ordeal.
“I’m pleased the case is now over and I can come to terms with what has happened.”