DCSIMG

Dog sparks explosion in Barnsley by damaging aerosol can

editorial image

editorial image

A bay window was blown out of a house in Goldthorpe when aerosol fumes caught fire.

It is thought a dog in the house on Frederick Street perforated the can, causing gases to leak.

Firefighters believe the fumes were then ignited by heat from a lamp.

A South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue spokesman said: “The can exploded, blowing out a downstairs bay window and setting fire to the sofa.

“The occupiers weren’t in at the time, but three dogs and three cats were.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page