Discarded smoking materials blamed for flat fire in Sheffield

Firefighters in South Yorkshire had a busy weekend
Firefighters in South Yorkshire had a busy weekend
0
Have your say

Firefighters believe discarded smoking materials were responsible for a flat fire in Sheffield.

The fire on Dyche Road, Jordanthorpe, broke out in the early hours of Saturday.

The occupant of the flat, a man in his 30s, escaped unharmed.

That night a man, woman and child were led to safety from their home after a fan heater caught fire.

The fire broke out on Driver Street, Woodhouse, Sheffield.

On Friday night a kitchen on Markham Avenue, Carcroft, Doncaster, caught fire because of a wiring fault.

Over the weekend firefighters in South Yorkshire dealt with a clothes recycling bin set alight on Idsworth Road, Firth Park, Sheffield; a removal van found burning on Effingham Street, Attercliffe, Sheffield and a shower room extractor fan on Renton Road, Hyde Park, Doncaster, which started burning after developing a fault.

A car found engulfed in flames on Cumwell Lane, Hellaby, Rotherham, was set alight in an arson attack along with a pile of rubbish inside the disused Kirkhill Resource Centre, Lowedges Road, Lowedges, Sheffield.