Discarded cigarette causes bathroom fire

0
Have your say

A middle-aged woman escaped unharmed when fire broke out in a Doncaster house in the middle of the night.

Fire crews were called at about 4.30am yesterday to the mid-terrace property on Balby Road, Balby, where they found the occupant, a woman in her 50s, was already outside.

She had been woken by the smell of smoke, but the fire was contained to the bathroom.

The blaze is thought to have been started by a discarded cigarette.

Doncaster and Edlington firefighters spent more than an hour-and-a-half at the incident.

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue said the woman did not need medical attention.