Derbyshire firefighters issue warning after early-morning dishwasher blaze

Breaking news...

Breaking news...

0
Have your say

Firefighters have sounded a warning after an early-morning blaze involving a dishwasher.

Crews were called to a house on Lansbury Avenue, Mastin Moor, at about 2.50am on Sunday.

On arrival they found a dishwasher on fire.

Firefighters battled the flames and removed the device from the property.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “Don’t leave the dishwasher, washing machine or tumble dryer running overnight or while you are out.

“They are a fire risk because of their high wattage, friction and motors.”

For more advice about keeping safe at home, visit the Derbyshire fire service website

Back to the top of the page