Rotherham firm faces charges over liquid nitrogen found in drink in bar

editorial image
0
Have your say

A firm registered in Rotherham is to be prosecuted for alleged health and safety breaches at a bar it owns after a woman needed her stomach removed after drinking a cocktail laced with liquid nitrogen.

Matthew George Harding, of George Street, Lancaster, who is a director of Oscar’s Wine Bar Ltd, registered at Bridge Street, Swinton, has been summoned to court, along with an employee, after 18-year-old Gaby Scanlon, from Heysham, Lancashire, fell ill after drinking two shots of the liqueur Jagermeister, laced with liquid nitrogen, in Oscar’s Wine Bar in Lancaster in October 2012.

Miss Scanlon, who had been celebrating her birthday, spent three weeks in hospital as her stomach was removed after it expanded and perforated.