NEWS IN BRIEF: Smoke alarm was a wake-up call

0
Have your say

A SMOKE alarm alerted two men and a dog to a fire in a flat in Rotherham after they fell asleep with a pan on the hob.

The fire on Roughwood Road, Kimberworth Park, was reported to firefighters at midnight on Tuesday. When crews arrived the occupants were out of the property.

In Barnsley a chimney caught alight at a terraced property in Doncaster Road, Goldthorpe. Crews doused the fire from inside the house.Bin set alight

A COMMERCIAL wheelie bin found burning near the market on Hayes Croft, Barnsley, at 4.40am yesterday had been set alight deliberately. Arsonists also set ablaze a tree and a wheelie bin on Moorland Terrace, Cudworth, at 8pm on Tuesday. And in Nicholas Lane, Goldthorpe, Barnsley, a pile of copper was set on fire at 4.45am yesterday.

Alcohol letters

LETTERS are to be sent home to the parents of children found with alcohol in Chapeltown Park. Police found the underage drinkers during a patrol of the park on Saturday night.