Care home residents evacuated over fire

0
Have your say

RESIDENTS were evacuated from a Rotherham care home after a fire in the kitchen.

Firefighters extinguished the flames but there was some smoke damage.

The fire, which broke out on Flanderwell Lane, Sunnyside, at 12.50am on Saturday, has been logged as accidental.

Barn arson attack

AN arson attack was to blame for a barn going up in flames on Heads Lane, Bolsterstone, Sheffield. Cows in the barn were released before any of them were harmed. Firefighters put out the flames at 3.40am on Saturday.

Bus crash injuries

EMERGENCY services were alerted to a crash on Arundel Gate in Sheffield centre after a bus struck a traffic light. Firefighters said some passengers were hurt in the incident.

Electrical box fire

A PREGNANT woman was taken to hospital as a precaution after a fire broke out in her home on Walkley Lane, Walkley, Sheffield.

The fire, at 9am on Sunday, started in an electricity box.

EMERGENCY services were alerted to a crash on Arundel Gate in Sheffield centre after a bus struck a traffic light.

Firefighters said some passengers were hurt in the incident.

A FAULTY washing machine was to blame for a fire in a house on Hickmott Road, Hunters Bar, Sheffield.

Firefighters dealt with the incident at 2pm on Sunday.

FIRE crews were called out to a terraced house on Michael Croft, Wath upon Dearne, after a toaster caught fire.

The blaze at 11.40am on Saturday was dealt with by firefighters.

A SHED on an allotment on Wakefield Road, Barnsley, went up in flames in an arson attack in the early hours of Sunday.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at 1.30am.